The Accu-Fit Cal 3209 rail system is designed for compliance under both federal OSHA regulations and the more stringent Cal-OSHA guidelines. Like our SRC360 Mobile Rail system, it utilizes a non-penetrating foundation: low-profile galvanized base plates (1/2” thick with rubber trim, 3/8” thick without) that simply secure into our stanchions. This system also requires no return rails or outriggers, as the base’s 190-pound weight (which arrives in two distinct pieces for simple handling) and 6’11” length provide more than enough foundational support.
Utilizing our 1¼” schedule 40 galvanized rails, the Accu-Fit Cal 3209 system has impressive field adjustability: simply trim the 21-foot pipe at corners and obstructions as needed on the jobsite. The final component of this fall-protection system is the stanchion — choose from our standard stanchion (the straight Traditional Series) or our Architectural (curved) stanchion for a more up-scale aesthetic.
Installation begins with ensuring the top rail is 42” above walking level (with a mid-rail placed halfway up at 21”). Stanchions should then be placed at a maximum distance of 8-foot intervals on the roof. Secure the stanchion into the base plate with the provided safety pin and set screw. Trim pipes at corners or terminations as needed. The estimated rate of installation is 60 feet per hour.
- Meets and exceeds Cal-OSHA regulations (Title 9, 1620 and 3209).
- Meets and exceeds OSHA regulations (1910.29 and 1926.502).
- Non-penetrating design will not compromise roof membrane.
- No welding or drilling required for installation.
- American Welding Society certified (AWS D1.1 and D1.3).
- Independently tested by nationally accredited engineering lab (documentation available upon request).
- Certified third-party Cal-OSHA testing results available upon request.
- Low-profile base design.
- Up to 8’ stanchion spacing.
- Two stanchion options: Traditional (straight) or Architectural (curved).
- Return rails or outriggers not required.
- Standard hot-dipped galvanized finish (customization may be available upon request).
- 100% made in America.